The 4 Star Talbot Hotel Carlow offers a diverse selection of conference suites and meeting rooms, catering for everything from a major conference to a confidential board meeting and everything in between. Just over one hour from Dublin City our location is an ideal for local and national events. All of our Conference Facilities are perfect for Meetings, Exhibitions, Trade Shows and Team Building Events.
Our Professional and dedicated team are on hand to assist you in every phase of your conference planning, working directly with you prior and during every aspect of your conference requirements.
The Leinster Suite
This spacious function room lends itself ideally to all types of events and can cater for up to 400 delegates. Complete with easy access for large set ups, a 2.67m ceiling height, fully equipped bar, the Leinster Suite is purposefully designed for conferences, exhibitions or private functions. Located beside our spacious lobby area lending itself to the perfect space for registration and refreshment breaks for events .
The Rossmore and Ashfield Suites
Both conference rooms offer flexible space, catering for meetings and events of up to 120 delegates. With floor to ceiling windows these conference rooms provide stunning views over the rolling countryside.
The Stillorgan and Wexford Boardrooms
These rooms are the ideal location for small meetings and private interviews with a more intimate setting and boardroom facilities.
Wedding day of your dreams at the Talbot Hotel Carlow
We will ensure that every wish you have for your day is delivered with style, ease and professionalism. Whether you are looking for an intimate family gathering or a full party atmosphere the Talbot Hotel Carlow guarantees you the best choice around.
We are delighted to include the following with our compliments in all of our wedding packages when you book a minimum number of 80 guests:
- Red Carpet arrival with Champagne for your wedding party
- Complimentary tea/coffee accompanied with our renowned Talbot Homemade Cookies for all wedding guests
- The wonderful luxurious Leinster Suite reserved exclusively for your guests
- Crisp white table linen & Chair covers with bows
- Candelabra centrepieces with white candles
- Personalised menu cards as a memento of your special day
- Beautiful wedding cake table & a choice of wedding cake stands along with cake knife
- For the Bride & Groom we provide a stunning Bridal Suite, overlooking the rolling countryside, complimentary on the night of your wedding
- Preferential accommodation rates to all weddings guests staying in the hotel
- Complimentary menu tasting in the 4th floor Liberty Tree Restaurant
- In addition, complimentary secure parking is also available to all your guests
To view our Wedding Packages click here.
The Talbot Hotel Carlow is legally approved as a venue to host Wedding Civil Ceremonies and is the perfect venue for your special day.
Whether it is a large party of family and friends or a small intimate affair, we have packages to suit your needs. Our experienced wedding co-ordinator will assist you with all aspects of planning your special day.
The Talbot Touch for Civil Ceremonies includes:
- Red Carpet Arrival
- White linen chair covers & bows
- Private intimate ceremony rooms are available to suit all sized parties from 5 to 250 guests.
Spa & Leisure
Inspirit Health & Leisure Club
Inspirit Health & Leisure Club is undoubtedly Carlow’s finest health & leisure facility and is proud to and our newly refurbished changing facilities offering the ultimate workout in a relaxed atmosphere.
Our team of professional and highly trained personnel will ensure that your every need is catered for. We specialise in tailor made fitness programmes so not only will you look good, you will feel good too!
Feel free to contact our fully trained and qualified staff members if you have any queries.
Tel 059 9153838
Inspirit Opening Hours
- Monday to Friday 7am – 10pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8am – 9pm
Members Benefit From:
- Consultation with & Ongoing Performance Management by Qualified Staff
- Wide Range of Cardiovascular Equipment
- Large Free-weights Area (dumbells up to 40kg)
- Personalised Programmes with Targeted Results based on Fitness Goals
- Fitness Assessments
- Diet Analysis and Nutritional Advice
- Discounts on Selected Hair & Beauty Treatments at Indigo Hair & Beauty
- Access to Special Hotel Offers
Excellent Gym Facilities Include:
- Kenesis Wall - the alternative way to work out
- 20m deck level swimming pool
- Extensive Gym with the latest Gym Equipment
- Sauna, Steamroom & Spa Pool
- Kiddies Pool
- Dedicated fitness studio for classes
- Kettle Bells, Fitness, Pilates, spinning ,body & cardio blast , body conditioning classes
- Aquacise Classes
- Consultations, fitness assessment, personal programme, ongoing programme reviews
- Swimming Lessons – Discount for members
- Specially catered training regimes for Mini Marathons, Triathalons and army obstacle courses ( such as the “hell and back” and “tough mudder”)
Indigo Hair and Beauty
The Talbot Hotel Carlow is home to Indigo Hair & Beauty which is located on-site allowing guests to enjoy a pampering treat without the hassle of leaving the hotel. Why not spoil yourself a little during your hotel break with wide range of treatments available including relaxing facials, massages, waxing and specialised body treatments. Our 4 stylish treatment rooms are designed for maximum comfort and relaxation you are sure to feel the benefit of these unique beauty rooms.
Attending a wedding or event at the hotel? Why not enjoy some top to toe polishing with manicures, pedicures and perfect spray tans in our professional environment. At Indigo Hair & Beauty the focus of our attention is your beauty and well-being. Good hair days are guaranteed when you opt for one of our range of hair treatments including restyles, colouring, up-styles or a blow-dry. Our expert team of stylists will send you out off in style whatever the occasion.
Opening Times Indigo Hair & Beauty
- Monday & Tuesday : 10.00am to 3.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am to 5.00pm
- Thursday & Friday : 9.30am to 7.00pm
- Saturday - 9.00am to 5pm
We recommend that hotel guests book treatments in advance of arrival at the hotel to avoid disappointment. Appointments are available outside of these hours by prior appointment.
Telephone: 059 9134753
Bars & Restaurants
Liberty Tree Restaurant
The Liberty Tree Restaurant is located on the 4th Floor affording stunning views of the rolling Carlow countryside. The ambience in the restaurant exudes warmth and friendliness providing diners with a vast range of delicious cuisine to choose from. There is no need to look any further for a restaurant with this gem right on the doorstep. Offering a bill of fare centred on modern, fresh and homemade cuisine using only best ingredients, all locally sourced where possible. The quality of our delicious menus ensures we maintain our commitment to excellence in food and service. Talbot Hotel Carlow residents can enjoy a full buffet style breakfast in the Liberty Tree Restaurant as follows:
• Breakfast served Monday to Friday from 7.00am – 10.00am
• Breakfast served Saturday & Sunday from 7.30am – 10.30am
Those staying at the Talbot Hotel Carlow on packages inclusive of dinner can enjoy a delicious 4 Course Dinner Menu as follows:
• Dinner served Monday to Thursday from 6.00pm – 9.00pm
• Dinner served Friday to Sunday 6.00pm-9.30pm
Non- residents of the hotel are very welcome to dine at the Liberty Tree Restaurant and advance reservation is highly advised to avoid disappointment.
Corries Bar & Bistro
Corries Bar & Bistro is a favourite with locals and residents alike. Visitors will experience a friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the contemporary and comfortably designed spacious lounge. Delicious home cooked bistro style dishes are available throughout the day and entertainment is provided at the weekend to create the perfect atmosphere.
We are delighted to reward customers dining in Corries Bar & Bistro through our loyalty program and earn €20 Talbot Cash to spend in the Talbot Hotel Carlow! Pick up your card today!
Corries Bar & Bistro offers an excellent choice of food, drink, friendly service with a smile and a variety of entertainment, perfect for an evening of dining in Carlow. Delicious carvery lunches are served daily or choose from our extensive bar menu boasting the very best in traditional Irish food and drink.
Food Options at Corries Bar & Bistro
• Selection of coffees and teas served everyday throughout the day from 9am. Choose from a wide selection of snacks to include scones, muffins, homemade cookies and more.
• Carvery Lunch served Monday to Saturday from 12.00pm – 2.30pm.
• Carvery Lunch served Sunday from 12.00pm – 4pm.
• Bar Food Menu served Monday to Saturday from 2.30pm – 9.30pm.
• Bar Food Menu served Sunday from 4.30pm – 9.30pm with an exquisite array of cuisine and food and drink.