Falls Hotel & Spa, Co. Clare
- The Falls Hotel & Spa is a proud member of Green Hospitality
- We have significantly reduced our carbon footprint by installing a hydro electric turbine on the river alongside us and running on hydro power
- Our guest amenities in our bathrooms are eco-label certified with compostable packaging
- We do not use plastic straws or cups
- We use chemical free cleaning products throughout the hotel
- We have two active beehives on our property
- We have cultivated wildflower gardens around the hotel
- We are members of the Burren Ecotourism Network, which focuses on protecting and maintaining the sustainability and promoting responsible tourism for the Cliffs of Moher and Burren UNESCO Geopark, where we are privileged to be located.
- We send e-invoices were possible to reduce the amount of paper that we use
- We have an electric car charging point here in the hotel for guests’ use
The Falls Hotel is a certified Carbon Neutral Hotel. The hotel has recieved the GreenMark Carbon Neutral12 Cert from Green Hospitality Ireland and are the first hotel in the country to generate their own electricity through hydro power from the river alongside it, this combined with the planting of hundreds of trees on the grounds, changing over to Calor Ireland BioLPG gas and many other sustainability projects have reduced carbon emissions by 90% in five years.
Click here to book.
Breaffy House Resort, Co. Mayo
Breaffy House Resort takes pride in a number of Environmentally Friendly Initiatives to help promote a cleaner and greener environment.
- The hotel is Member of 'Clean the World' campaign
- Preservation of 7 acres of uncut grassland to promote the growth of wild flowers and biodiversity on the hotel grounds
- The hotel has installed bee hives in association with the beekeepers soceity of Mayo
- They have placed duck houses fitted on the pond island to try and introduce wild ducks to occupy the pond
- Have partnered with Connemara based Company, Ri Na Mara Toiletries to promote natural and sustainable in room cosmectics and toiletries. Carefully selected using natural botanical extracts. Ri Na Mara cosmetics contain no harsh chemicals, parbens, GMOs or animal derivatives
- The hotel has installed LED lighting and PIR control systems to limit the electricity usage
- They use in-house recycling cetnres where all waste is separated and recycled. Staff are incentivised to encourage recycling amongst the hotel departments. Breaffy House Resort waste management is compartmentalized into general waste, recycling, glass recycling and compostable food waste
- Portion control and Portion size - in addition to their food waste management policy they ensure to plate food based on reasonable sized portions so as to reduce the quantity of surplus waste
- Onsite polytunnel where herbs, vegetables and flowers are grown for the hotel kitchens
- The hotel has installed a well water system which produces its own water which is tried and tested by HSE and an independet water testing company
- The heating system has been upgraded from fossil fuel dependent to an electrical heat pump-based system reducing the carbon footprint
- The hotel mulch their own grass thereby eliminating the need for fertilizers and chemcials in the grass land areas
- The hotel has moved away from chemicals in weed control to more sustainable and environmentally controlled practices
In addition the hotel have a number of Environmentally Friendly Specific Initiatives for Guests
- Towels - Towels on the floor means please replace them, towels on the rail means you wish to use them again
- Lighting - The hotel room is equipped with LED lighting but you can help by switching off the Master Switch when you leave
- Recycling - We aim to recycle as much as possible. Please help by placing rubbish in the appropriate bins
- Water - Please help conserve water. Refrain from leaving taps and showers on unneccessarily. Tap water is available to all guests
Click here to book.
The Talbot Collection
(Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, Talbot Hotel Carlow, Talbot Hotel Wexford, Talbot Suites, Midleton Park Hotel, Oriel House Hotel)
The Talbot Collection recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry.
To this end The Talbot Collection are committed to taking the following action;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across the entire operation.
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out Objectives, Targets and planned actions.
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation.
- To minimise waste and reduce water consumption where possible.
- To Reduce, Reuse and Recycle the resources consumed by the hotels wherever practical.
- To invite customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in all efforts to protect the environment.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record environmental impacts on a regular basis and compar performance with policies, objectives and targets.
Click here to book Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Click here to book Talbot Hotel Carlow
Click here to book Talbot Hotel Wexford
Click here to book Oriel House Hotel
Click here to book Midleton Park Hotel